Selected Domains

© Carlo Rinnen

Marc Desom in the vineyards

Domain Desom

 

In 1925, Les Desoms founded their wine trading house. However, the family quickly made the decision to vinify their own vintages from the Luxembourg vineyards. The cellars are located in Remich in a magnificent 19th century building, which was for a time the former spinning mill of the national poet Edmond de la Fontaine.

Albert and Georges Desom, managing partners, and Albert’s son, Marc, currently have the business and affairs of the company in hand.

Marc, the winemaker of the estate, pays special personalized attention during the creation supported by precise manual work and modern techniques. Thus, the grapes are transported in smaller volume containers to preserve them as much as possible before their manual selection on the sorting table. Then the white grape varieties will be revealed during their aging in stainless steel vats, while the Pinot Noir will develop in barrels in the cellars of the estate.

Today, the vineyard covers more than 12 hectares spread over the most famous slopes of the Luxembourg Moselle. As part of the expansion of its activities, it also vinifies the grapes of around forty independent Moselle winegrowers.

Desom logo

Caves Gales

 

The House was founded in 1916 by Nicolas Gales in Bech-Kleinmacher on the banks of the Moselle. Since then, 4 generations have followed one another to ensure the family tradition. Over the years and the decisions specific to each era, there have always been 2 generations passing on knowledge and skills. The last is represented by Isabelle Gales who joined the family adventure in 2011 and by her brother, Georges Gales who joined it in 2016.

The crémants are produced using the traditional method and are part of the top of the range in their category. Founding member of the Domaine & Tradition association, their wine philosophy is based on respect for the soil, the vines and their grapes.

Gales Logo

 

Isabelle and Georges Gales
Luc and Franck Duhr

The Domain Clos Mon Vieux Moulin

 

The estate is located in the charming village of Ahn, on the banks of the Moselle. The ancestors of the Duhr family had acquired in 1689, a wheat mill with its vast property, located at the foot of the Palmberg. At the beginning of the 1900s, the mill stopped definitively to devote itself solely to the wine industry. Today the 11th generation holds the reins with Luc and Franck Duhr.

Curiosity and passion were transmitted along with knowledge and the demand for quality. In 1988, they joined the Domaine & Tradition association as a founding member, promoting the quality of wines through low yields and manual selections while taking care of the environment and the terroir.

Thanks to the freshness of their authentic vaulted cellars dug into the hill, they grow their wines in peace. On 14 hectares, they cultivate 8 different grape varieties.

 

Logo Clos mon vieux moulin

 

Pin It on Pinterest